Fine Wine, Good Times
Pali Wine Co. is about good times, an essential ingredient to health and wellness. It's impossible to imagine our favorite nights with friends and family, our most memorable meals, and our fondest memories without a glass of fine wine.
To craft world class, critically acclaimed, site-specific Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Our original Pali brand produces premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay sourced primarily from vineyards in the Sta. Rita Hills and neighboring wine-growing regions. The region’s terroir, including its transverse ranges, limestone rich soils, and cool ocean fog, is ideal for growing Pali’s poised Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wine grapes. Pali produces a wide-range of bottlings from entry-level to esoteric vineyard and clonal-specific, from still to sparkling, and from white to pink and red. While most of our grapes come from our Sta. Rita Hills estate ‘Pali Vineyard,’ Pali partners with a handful of other family-owned and world-renowned vineyards in the area among the likes of Fiddlestix, Rancho La Viña, and Bien Nacido Vineyards. Most recently, Pali has introduced its ‘Wild Series,’ natural wines made using only wild, naturally occurring yeasts that remain unfined and unfiltered.
To produce powerful, small lot, nuanced wines. Tower 15 Winery produces limited bottlings of bold, inspired, varietally-driven wines with grapes purchased from small, family-owned vineyards across California’s Central Coast. Our vineyard partners share our commitment to the region, as well as our values for healthy and sustainable farming. From the Central Coast wine-growing region, we are able to source a wide range of high-quality grape varieties resulting in an unprecedented diversity of bottlings for Tower 15. Our customers are able to expand their passport of wine drinking, experiencing diverse and scarce wines typically associated with the wine-growing regions of Europe, all in one sitting. Each Tower 15 wine presents an expert balance of power and nuance.
To introduce creative, playful natural wines. Neighborhood Winery specializes in interesting, zippy, fun cuvées–both daring and traditional–that push the boundaries of conventional wine flavor profiles. The brand focuses on natural winemaking practices, refraining from including any additives, chemicals, or applying conventional winemaking tools, and spotlights the fresh Central California-grown grapes. The grapes are intentionally harvested early in the season, producing youthful and lively wines with whimsical textures and a fresh essence. Neighborhood Winery’s rainbow of varietals and crafted blends are truly alive, intended for each bottle to uniquely evolve.
From Grape To Glass
Always done the Pali way
Every Pali, Tower 15 and Neighborhood wine comprises sustainable, organic or biodynamically sourced grapes, grown with exceptional farming standards that result in ultra-high-quality wines that uniquely express the grape’s variety, vineyard and vintage.
Catch Pali’s Associate Winemaker John Schultz during harvest-time in the Fall and you’re guaranteed to hear him say … ‘we must nail the pick!’. That’s because the delicate dance of choosing the perfect balance of ripeness and acidity will determine just how amazing the new vintage’s wines will be. Every grape, region and vineyard are different, so we avoid using a one size fits all strategy, and instead rely on our intuition and experience to guide us on picking times.
To guarantee only the good stuff makes it into our wines, we manually sort every single picking bin before the grapes begin their fermentation. Overripe and underripe berries, leaves, sticks and bugs have no place in Pali’s wines! Usually, we remove the stems from the clusters too, except for certain wines that benefit from the added aromatics and profile of stem inclusion.
Maceration and Fermentation
This is where our red and white wine making practices diverge. While our white wines are (usually) immediately pressed off their skins and juiced into fermentation vessels, our red wines remain in contact with their skins to soak and extract color while we wait for fermentation to kick off. Fermentation is when the yeasts, alive in the air and on the grapes, begin to convert the natural fruit sugars into alcohol. There are many different fermentation techniques, and naturally, every fermentation is alive and different. Guiding the wines through their fermentation is our job, and how we can impact the flavor of each wine.
The wines that began fermentation with skin contact are pressed into an aging vessel, where the wine continues to mature and develops more complex flavors. French oak is most common at our winery, but other options include stainless steel, clay amphorae, cement tanks and more.
Once our wines have aged appropriately, they are bottled under one of our three brands: Pali Wine Co., Tower 15 Winery, and Neighborhood Winery. Some wines need to continue to age in the bottle before they’re released, while others can be released immediately.
The Best Part
Cheers! There’s nothing better in life than a hand-crafted glass of wine.
Understand Our Badges
We use our badges to help you quickly find the perfect wine.
SIP Certified is a rigorous sustainable vineyard, winery, and wine certification with strict, non-negotiable standards based on science and expert input, independent verification, transparency, and absence of conflict of interest. Certification addresses the 3 P’s of Sustainability – People, Planet, Prosperity – ensuring that both natural and human resources are protected. Our estate Pali Vineyard is SIP Certified.
Biodynamics is a holistic, ecological, and ethical approach to farming, gardening, food, and nutrition with an emphasis on recognizing the farm as a single, living organism made up of interdependent elements. The Biodynamic Federation Demeter International is the largest certification organization for biodynamic farming.
Certified organic foods are grown and processed according to federal guidelines addressing, among many factors, soil quality, animal raising practices, pest and weed control, and use of additives. While many of the organic vineyards that we work with are USDA certified, some are not. We conduct our own inspection of every vineyard, and vineyards farming organically, but without certification, must use absolutely no chemical additives and pesticides in their farming for at least the past 3 years.
Our natural wines are made using only native, natural yeasts alive in the air and on the grapes. When making our natural wines, we use no additions throughout the wines’ elevage except for sometimes a little (and always less than 20ppm total) added s02. They are un-fined and un-filtered and can develop natural haze and sediment in the bottle.
Single Vineyard wines are made from grapes grown together on a single, remarkable vineyard. These wines are made using the most thoughtful and sophisticated winemaking techniques. The resulting wines are world-class and highly nuanced, reflecting the unique and individual characteristics of legendary California vineyards.
While our artisan winemaking and creative interests continue to evolve each vintage, inspiring us to introduce brand new and delicious wines each year, we continue to make our Core Wines with consistent craftsmanship. These are often the Pali community's favorite, go-to wines.
While it’s true that a score is just a number, we do occasionally submit our wines to be reviewed by top wine critics, including Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator and more. We publicize these scores in case it can help our customers make a decision about our wines.
Our Core Values
• We are experts in winemaking.
• We stay up to date on new winemaking movements and innovation.
• We thoroughly and thoughtfully explore all winemaking decisions before executing.
• We vet all vineyard farming to meet rigorous standards of quality.
• We shepherd our wines from grape to glass at their service, on their schedule, error free.
• We only source sustainable, organic, or biodynamically farmed grapes.
• We absolutely avoid the use of harsh chemicals and additives in our wines.
• We are advocates for the health and prosperity of California’s Central Coast.
• We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
• We encourage recycling and consider sustainability in all of our winemaking and packaging.
• We only use non-animal products in our winemaking and are a vegan winery.
• Our mission is to use our outposts to bring the California Central Coast winery experience to neighborhoods.
• We promote other local businesses.
• Our neighborhood outposts provide local wine-drinkers access to our premium wines.
• We sell our wines at fair prices so everyone in the community can enjoy them.
• We use locally-sourced products whenever possible.
• We support local charities and organizations.
• We are educated on the history of wine, oenology, and California’s Central Coast viticulture.
• We know the technical information of all wines we make and each vineyard we source from.
• We label all wines with clear and accurate information.
• We take time to teach our customers about our wines and practices and give them a voice to pursue their personal wine education.
• We provide wine education to individuals based on their level desired.
• We are friendly and honest, and clearly communicate with each other and our customers.
• We do our best to accommodate our customers’ needs.
• We value long term relationships with our customers.
• We make it easy to buy our wines by selling at fair prices with clear merchandising and accurate materials in our outposts and online.
• We design our local outposts as comfortable, stylish, neat, and hygienic.
• We stay up to date on hospitality and design trends to maintain a welcoming wine-drinking setting in our architecturally-savvy outpost spaces.
• We care for the health and safety of our employees and customers and meet all necessary safety and compliance codes at our outposts, winery, and storage facilities.
• We denounce any form of racism, sexism, or discrimination and welcome people from all cultural backgrounds, races, religions, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, disabilities, and other aspects of personal self-identity.
• We strive to be inclusive and to provide a safe place for employees to share their diverse perspectives thatmake us all unique and valuable.
• We encourage others to respectfully express views and ideas, and value each other’s unique contributions and opinions.
• We respect the different backgrounds, views, and opinions of our communities.
• We pay our employees competitively, treat them with respect, and regularly provide honest feedback on their performance.
• We nurture creativity at all levels and o er clear opportunities for professional growth.